3/1/20

WELCOME

WELCOME TO SOMETHING CLASSICAL

SOMETHING CLASSICAL is a free resource for anyone who wishes to explore the music, art, philosophy, and culture of 18th Century Europe (also known as the Classical Period).

NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE ON THIS TOPIC IS NEEDED TO ENJOY EXPLORING THIS BLOG. I simply love this time period and want to share my passion for the subject with you.


MUSIC PERFORMANCE IN THE 18TH CENTURY


Music, art, history, philosophy, politics, and architecture are all interwoven together and influence each other. SOMETHING CLASSICAL takes all of these threads and presents them in an easy to follow format. 

As I am a musician and composer, special emphasis has been placed on the music of the Classical Period and it's historical context. It is my hope that people with an interest in learning about the music of the Classical Period can enjoy making new discoveries here as well as see the connections between the political, social, and artistic trends of the time.

I will be continually adding to the website so please email me with comments and suggestions.

EMAIL MEKEL


No comments:

Post a Comment